Last month of the year! Do you give yourself time to reflect on what has been? Reflection is a key aspect of learning and personal development. It’s so easy to forget or ignore what we have done, or just take things for granted but we miss out on giving ourselves credit, appreciating our memories or learning from our mistakes.
Maybe you have just allowed life to lead you or maybe you have taken charge and created your own changes? Whatever the case, 12 months has gone by and stuff has happened! It can be really helpful to sit quietly and go back through the year appreciating what has happened, learning from mistakes, reminiscing and reliving beautiful memories. If we don’t, then it’s just gone and we haven’t got any wiser and certainly no younger!
As a suggestion you may like to reflect upon
these questions as a way of appreciation and gratitude of the past year.
- Write down 4 things that you are proud of this year
- What has been your “biggest” achievement?
- What one thing would you do differently?
- Visualise one of your happiest memories from this year – how does it make you feel, what can you see and hear?
- What’s the best piece of advice you can pass onto someone from your experiences this year?
Give yourself a huge pat on the back for being you, for dealing with whatever has come up this year and for having insight and awareness to take you into next year.
If you come across an issue that you feel stuck on and would like support with, don’t forget you can book in for a variety of interventions that may get you further on than you are now. If you are not sure what would be of help, book a complimentary Insight session to discuss this further.