I remember being told by one of my holistic teachers that receive healing when you are well. You don’t have to wait until you become unwell or distressed in order to seek a treatment. Having a healing treatment in whatever form when you are well continues to support the body’s own natural ability to heal itself and maintain a healthy equilibrium of mind, body and spirit.
The body is marvellous at healing itself and it continues to regenerate continuously throughout our lives. However it can only do this when it is in a relaxed physiological state. Low grade stress, pain, anger, discomfort does not contribute to a healthy body.
The stress hormones alone will be putting the body on an alert system thus taking away its capacity at that time to kick start a natural healing process. The more we can invoke a sense of relaxation or calmness within ourselves the healthier we will be. How you do this has no one single answer. There are many, many ways to kick start our own healing process, sometimes we need the assistance from others and at times we are more than capable of doing it ourselves. We need to value the importance of our health and how it enables us to live our lives.
Here are a few suggestions that you can do yourself:-
* Take 5 mins a day to slow down breathing -try 7/11 breathing – in for 7 and out for 11
* Go outside and walk as often as you can, just park a bit further away or have your lunch outside. The NHS is advocating the health benefits of walking (https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/walking-for-health/)
* Stop and listen – to music, to the birds, to the wind – no phone, no interruptions
* Use a meditation/relaxation app (5 suggested ones here)
* Resolve issues, don’t harbour grudges, accept, change or move on from underlying stress
Here are a few suggestions that will enhance your health:-
* Reiki – will promote a very deep relaxed state to enable your body to natural rebalance and re-energise
* Mindfulness classes
* Healing session – such as Shamanic healing , reflexology, Indian head massage etc
* Learn how to use Tapping to calm down and switch off the “alarm system” in your brain
* Seek advice on how to resolve long standing issues
What do I do? Well I do just 10 minutes of Reiki a day, book in for a shamanic healing session every 3 months or so, treat myself to a facial, walk when I get the opportunity and read with no radio or television on.
Whatever methods and techniques work for you, use them! Our bodies have to cope with an awful lot in our lives and we don’t always look after them the best that we can. Give them a break, enable them to help us and don’t wait until it breaks down!