Being grounded enhances our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. It is often when we are not grounded that we notice feeling “out of kilter” or disconnected from others or what is going on around us.
Feeling anxious or stressed can energetically throw us out of balance. Having to cope with a wide range of environmental impacts such as pollution, food additives or even other peoples energy puts a strain on our bodies. Think how much harder our bodies have to work to clear these toxins, our energy can become depleted and we become misaligned with the earth’s energy. We leave ourselves open to being more susceptible to illness and ill health.
Just like plugs, electrical sockets and equipment we need to be grounded. Ideally we need to align ourselves with the Earth’s energy. The Earth’s magnetic field is anchored by the North and South poles and it is this magnetic field that many animals and birds use to navigate their way around the globe. As humans we are also affected by the impact of this magnetic field and we need to be grounded for the natural exchange of our energy system and the Earth. Grounding helps stay in the “here and now”.
So in what ways can we ground ourselves to enhance our wellbeing?
- One of the simplest ways is to walk barefoot upon the earth, the sand or the grass. Our feet can pull up the energy from the ground.
- We can do a visualisation exercise and imagine that we have roots growing down from the soles of our feet into the earth and the deeper they go the more stable and solid we become. We can then imagine the energy coming up from the core of the earth into our bodies, aligning our energies.
- Donna Eden in her book Energy Medicine mentions several grounding techniques including “spooning” your feet. Not sure how this works but use a stainless steel spoon and rub it along the soles of your feet.
- Eating a small amount of dark chocolate helps to ground.
- Imagine you are walking through thick squelchy mud.
- Jump up and down.
- Stand with your feet firmly on the ground or sit in a chair with both feet flat on the floor. Imagine that your left foot is connected with the ground and you can feel energy coming up from the earth into your foot, moving up your leg to your knee and thigh. When it reaches the top of your thigh allows the energy to move across and to travel down your right leg into your foot and back into the ground.
- Walk mindfully; notice how you place your feet on the ground as you take each step. Where do you feel the pressure? What part hits the ground first? What sensations can you feel in your feet?
You may have your own techniques, but whatever way you use, being grounded helps you connect with the earth’s healing energy, allows you to “get out of your head” and boost your energy& health.
If you wish to discuss what would be of help to you, please book a complimentary Insight session.